This application is for entities seeking approval to serve in Montana as an Independent Review Organization (IRO). Pursuant to MCA § 33-32-416, an IRO must obtain the approval of the Office of the Montana State Auditor, Commissioner of Securities and Insurance (CSI) to perform external review services. To apply, please complete this form and attach the required documentation. The CSI will contact your entity with its determination regarding the application of your entity.
Pursuant to Mont. Code Ann. § 33-32-419, effective October 1, 2019, there is a $250 application fee required for processing applications for new independent review organization applying for approval. There is a $150 application fee for independent review organization applying to renew the company’s approval on the CSI’s approved IRO list. At this time companies must mail the application fee to 840 Helena Avenue, Helena MT 59601. Please direct payment to the attention of Market Conduct – IRO Application Fee. New and Renewal applications will not be processed and approved until payment is received by this office.
Questions? Please contact David Dachs at email@example.com.
- The Independent Review Organization Application
- Documentation of Accreditation
- Statement of disciplinary action, sanction, or consent agreement or other settlement by or with any hospital, government agency, government unit, or regulatory body
- Statement identifying the areas of expertise for which the applicant provides independent review, and the number of reviewers meeting the qualification requirements of Mont. Code Ann. § 33-32-417 within each respective area of expertise
- Fee Schedule
- Copies of policies and procedures governing all aspects of both the standard external review process and the expedited external review process
- Document summarizing, for each policy or procedure, the aspect or aspects of external review processes that the policy or procedure governs