For Licensed Professionals

Alt Text

In Montana, resident and non-resident insurance producers, consultants and independent adjusters must be licensed to conduct business in the state. Our office issues individual license applications and renewals. We also oversee the certification process for those who assist in the Health Insurance Marketplace — navigators, certified application counselors, and certified exchange producers.

Got Questions? Please contact us at We are here to help you.

Subscribe to our insurance email list
Email Updates
To sign up for updates or to access your subscriber preferences, please enter your contact information below.


Our office handles the licensing for resident and non-resident insurance producers, including affiliations, company appointments, terminations, and renewals. Learn more

Marketplace Certification

Our office oversees the training and certification of certified exchange producers, certified application counselors, and navigators for the Federal Health Insurance Marketplace. Learn more

Surplus Lines

When Montana is the home state at the time of the surplus lines insurance transaction, surplus lines filings are made on approved submission forms available from the Montana Commissioner of Securities and Insurance, Office of the State Auditor (CSI). Learn more